Saturday, January 2, 2016

Lobophile



If you've been following along (and I know some of you have, thank you. Hi!) you may have noticed the original name of this new blog - LOBOPHILE.

Yes, I meant "logophile". And typed "b" instead.

Perhaps it was intentional. After all - a logo is a symbol, a trademark a brand.
And there are many happy words related to words with "B" in them - like "liBrary",  "Book", Biblioteca.

I have perused a few dictionaries, and there is no definition for the word LOBOPHILE.

So I created one.

Interestingly, when I typed in lobophile in Google Search, my blog came in 2nd and 3rd.
The 1st spot went to an Amazon review written by "lobophile".  And there is something in Minecraft about lobophile? (7th or 8th result) and after that is a response about someone else who asks if a person is a lobophile.

So maybe I didn't make up the word. Hmmm.

But there isn't even a page in Wikipedia for LOBOPHILE.

And I need to get to fun stuff and quit following this train of thought, interesting as it is.

Meanwhile, I decided to change the name of this blog to Literal Logophile - because someone else has logophile, and part of my joy (and distraction) is being a literal person. Also, I like the alliteration. We'll see how long it stays.

But I haven't been able to change the blogger registered name yet - I don't even know if I can. That'll take some research. So if you jump online to research the mysteries of LOBOPHILE, you'll find me 2nd and 3rd on the list. Yay!


BTW - Lobo is both a supervillian in the DC universe, and the name of a musician. (according to 1st page of Google search.)


LOBOPHILE n. a lover of words who forgets to proofread her stuff. (origin Lila's interesting brain, circa 2015).

No comments:

Post a Comment