Friday, January 1, 2016

Antithetical

The word, my word, for today is ANTITHETICAL.

It's my word for today because I used it properly, and I even spelled it correctly! in my post Fill the Accounts. I am so proud of myself.

And yes, for a minute I thought perhaps I should use the word "antipathetical," due to it's appearance a few days ago, but I stuck to my guns. I believed in ANTITHETICAL. And I was right.
Yay me!

ANTITHETICAL

Dictionary.com : adj. 2) directly opposed or contrasted; opposite.

Mirriam-Webster: 2) being in direct and unequivocal opposition

Cambridge Dictionaries Online: (antithesis) The exact opposite, or opposition.

When one is an actress, sitting and watching another's performance can feel antithetical to one's life purpose, almost heretical.


No comments:

Post a Comment